Destiny 2's Crown of Sorrow Raid Will Be Available On The First Day of the New Season
In a recent blog post, Bungie has revealed some details about their next Season in Destiny 2 and the Crown of Sorrow Raid that will arrive with it. Starting on June 4, the Season of Opulence will begin for all Destiny 2 players. One big change to this season is that owners of the Annual Pass will be able to get into the new Raid on the first day of the Season.
It has normally been a tradition for the new Raid to launch after a week or two, giving players a chance to get to grips with new content and get their hands on new weapons and Power levels. About allowing Annual Pass holders to get access to it on day one, Bungie had the following to say;
The world’s first race for a raid is a competitive event. The raid is a challenge geared toward testing a fireteam’s ability to learn and execute on the mechanics, as well as their ability to overcome enemies and bosses together. Having a short window of time between release and launch allows us to preserve the combat challenge for players making their attempt on day one and get people playing the raid content right away.
The Crown of Sorrow will launch on June 4 at 4 pm PDT and will have a recommended Power level of 715 for the first encounter. According to Bungie, with this race, there will be a few minor changes to current investment systems to ensure an even playing field while players are increasing their Power at the launch of the Season.
- Last Wish and Scourge of the Past will be unavailable until Crown of Sorrow has been beaten
- Prime Attunements will be reset to two charges per character on day one
- While characters build Prime Attunement charges over time, these are being set to two per character upon logging in after the new season begins.
- Players may continue to build Prime Attunements overtime after the reset occurs
- All level 50 characters can earn Prime Engrams after signing in and playing during the Season of Opulence
- This prevents players with a stash of Ethereal Keys from having a leg up in the race
Will you be trying to take on the Crown of Sorrow on day one, or do you prefer to watch the race from the comfort of Twitch? Either way, having the World's First Race take place on the first day of the new Season really does it make it feel like more of an event, so I personally am pretty pleased with this change.