Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Gets Final Batch, Free Too Human Copy
Microsoft has revealed that it is ending efforts on the current backwards compatibility program for Xbox One as it moves into the next generation of BC for Project Scarlett. The next-gen console will be compatible with games of three previous platforms and will also work on all your existing devices, including the upcoming Elite Controller Series 2.
To celebrate the end of the program, the platform owner has released a final batch of Original Xbox, Xbox 360 and Xbox One X Enhanced games, which also include Too Human free to everyone on Microsoft Store. The game for Xbox 360 is now compatible with Xbox One and is one so weird you won't want to miss.
- Armed and Dangerous
- Indiana Jones and the Emperor’s Tomb
- Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy
- Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell
- Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow
- Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
- Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Double Agent
- Unreal Championship 2: The Liandri Conflict
These games will come complete of all the additional content that was released back in the days, totally for free, and will be available as part of an update you'll be prompted to download as soon as your run your copies on Xbox One. They will feature up to 4x the pixel count on Xbox One and 16x on Xbox One X.
- Asura’s Wrath
- Battlefield 2: Modern Combat
- Enchanted Arms
- Enslaved: Odyssey to the West
- Far Cry Classic
- Far Cry Instincts Predator
- Infinite Undiscovery
- Peter Jackson’s King Kong: The Official Game of the Movie
- Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands
- Star Ocean: The Last Hope
- Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
- Too Human
- Unreal Tournament III
Xbox One X Enhanced
- Banjo-Kazooie Nuts & Bolts
- Kameo Elements of Power
- Perfect Dark
- Perfect Dark Zero
- Viva Piñata
- Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise
As a reminder, Xbox One X Enhanced run 9x the original pixel count on Xbox One X, thanks to the great emulation handled by the former Project Scorpio console. These enhancements will be applied automatically and will be deployed both on individual games and the Rare Replay compilation.