Minecraft Java Edition Adds Friendly Bees Who Socialize With Each Other
For those who thought Minecraft couldn't get any more adorable, you're in for a rare treat. Xbox Games Studios announced they were releasing lovely, socializing bees to Minecraft's Java Edition, along with some other essential patch notes.
These bees are neutral, social creatures who are going to fly around, minding their own business as they gather up honey. When they gather up enough pollen from the flowers, they fly back to their nest and deposit it into a honeycomb. If they find a particular flower they enjoy more than others, they're going to let the other bees know about it.
Much like real-life bees, if one does happen to sting a player, the stinger gets stuck in them. The bees float away and eventually die. While the creature drops nothing, they can leave players scarred forever as they're forced to watch this cute, passive creature pass away.
Here are the full patch notes for the Minecraft Java Edition detailing all of the new changes that come with having bees in the game.
- Added Bees to the game.
- Added Bee Nests and Hives to the game.
- Added Honeycomb to the game.
- Added some dispenser functionality.
- Minecraft: Java Edition now requires OpenGL 2.0, so get on that.
- Bees are cute, fuzzy, neutral mobs, so don't hurt them because they don't want to hurt you.
- If a bee does sting you, it will leave its stinger in you and eventually die, dropping nothing.
- Bees love pretty flowers and spend their lives gathering pollen from them.
- After gathering pollen, bees fly back to their home nest.
- Bees help you by growing crops while carrying pollen back to the nest.
- Bees can be bred using flowers.
- Bees like sharing the location of their favorite flowers with other bees.
- If a bee can't find nectar, after a while, it will return home for a bit.
- If a bee doesn't have a home nest, it will wander around until it finds one it can use.
- Bees don't like rain, and they sleep at night.
- Bee Nests spawn naturally in Flower Forests, Plains, and Sunflower Plains biomes.
- Bees use Nests and Hives to share flower locations with other bees.
- Bee Hives are crafted by players using Honeycomb and Wood Planks.
- Bee Nests will be destroyed unless you use Silk Touch.
If you're interested in playing the game and trying it for yourself, you can it pick up from the Microsoft Store. For those who already have a subscription to the Xbox Games Pass, you should have access to the game already.