First official Medal of Honor: Warfighter details revealed
The very first official details about Electronic Arts' recently announced game, Medal of Honor: Warfighter from OXM has just arrived. These details arrived following the release of very first image of the game (you can check out First Medal of Honor: Warfighter Image).
These details was posted by a user of NeoGaf forum. We have it for you below. Check it out. Medal of Honor: Warfigter is schedule to launch in October 2012, and is powered by Frosbite 2.0 Engine.
- Developed by Danger Close (both single and multiplayer)
- Frostbite 2.0
- Releasing October 2012
- The story continues to be about Tier 1 Operators.
- The story is also written by Tier 1 Operators, and loosely follows actual events and operators.
- Now working with over 24 operators for information and feedback, since they were quite happy with MoH1 and a lot more volunteered to help.
- They’re not talking much about multiplayer yet, but we did get a few details.
- The multiplayer will include various international tier 1 factions (British, Australian, German, Polish) and some kind of one-shot, one kill hardcore mode.
- There will also be a co-op mode, but the game won’t have full campaign co-op.
- ”There are hook in our multiplayer that are… different.”
- Besides just the missions, the game’s plotline will focus on the personal issues operators face. One example given is about a strained phonecall between an operator and his wife.
- The main characters of the previous games return.
- One of the missions takes place in Isabela City in the Philippines after it has been flooded by a typhoon, creating a venice like scenario with knee high water.
- Again, as it’s based on real events, they don’t want the game to feel like a Michael Bay movie, so you won’t see things like the Eifel Tower exploding.
- However, since it is Frostbite 2, you will see things like the level chipping apart, papers flying, chandeliers swinging, and other things that are more plausible in a combat situation.
- You will sometimes have multiple choices when faced with a situation. One example given is during a hostage rescue, you reach the door to the room the hostages should be in. You can either kick it in, C4 it, throw a grenade in, or use a flashbang. This will presumably change how the next part plays out tactically.
- The rest of this section involves trying to escape the city with two hostages in tow and one of your teammates bleeding out. It’s implied there’s some kind of time pressure here, but not explicitly stated if there’s a clock.
- OXM notes that the biggest difference between the game’s campaign and other modern warfare shooters will again be tonal, so if you’re wondering if you will like the game’s campaign, ask yourself if you want a more polished/improved version of Medal of Honor 2010.
- I imagine this is the mission we’ll see at their March 6th conference.