A new Fallout 4 mod tries to make the latest Bethesda game’s lighting system more realistic. Coming from modder SirGreenThumb, this is an effort not to disrupt the original vision of the Maryland developer, but to prevent it from having that “washed out” look especially during daytime.
“I tried to keep daytime looking its original brightness without being washed out, while darkening and lengthening the night to create a more realistic night time. Similar to an ENB preset but this plugin utilizes the Fallout 4 DirectX 11,” to say it in SirGreenThumb’s own words.
Here’s a list of the mod’s features, so you can have a better idea of what this is about:
- It tones down bloom and eye adapt overall to more reasonable levels.
- It calibrates certain lights for more realism.
- It calibrates image space settings for indoor areas for a less washed out look. (still under development, some areas have not been calibrated).
- It calibrates the image space settings for an unprecedented night time look, as well as less washed out look for daytime while keeping daytime bright.
- It calibrates night time directional ambient to achieve a realistically dark night without darkening other lights.
- It calibrates image space settings for dawn and dusk transitions for a seamless day/night transitions.
- it calibrates image space settings for all time frames, weather patterns and areas for more realism.
- It alters brightness for sun, moon, stars, upper sky, lower sky, horizon, clouds, and effects lighting for more realism.
- It alters cloud layers, clouds transparency, fog, mist, sun glare, and moon glare for more realism.
You can download the mod in case you are interested in changing a bit, but not completely, the look of this amazing role playing game by the creators of Skyrim.