Capcom has recently delivered few important titles, all of them appreciated in terms of critics and sometimes of public. Anyway, the Japanese developer just offered all the sales data for those games, among which Resident Evil 7, Dead Rising 4 and Monster Hunter XX, claiming that they were often below their original expectations.
This list below is the million sellers list in the last quarter. As you can see, Resident Evil 7 managed to get as high as 3.5 million copies sold, and together with Monster Hunter XX, these are said to be ok. Dead Rising 4 and Monster Hunter Stories, anyway, under performed in comparison with the expectations of the Japanese developer.
Hopefully, things get better with time for those properties. I don’t think Monster Hunter will ever have sale issues, considering how much popular the series is in Japan, but Dead Rising seems to be in a pretty dangerous position now. We’ll see if sales improve once the game ships for PS4.
- RESIDENT EVIL 7 biohazard – 3,500,000 (New Entry)
- Monster Hunter XX (Double Cross) – 1,700,000 (New Entry)
- Resident Evil 6 (Remastered) – 1,000,000 (New Entry)
- Resident Evil 5 – 100,000 (7,200,000 LTD)
- Resident Evil 6 – 100,000 (6,800,000 LTD)
- Monster Hunter Freedom 3 – 100,000 (4,900,000 LTD)
- Dead Rising 3 – 100,000 (2,300,000 LTD)
- Resident Evil (HD Remastered) – 100,000 (1,900,000 LTD)
- Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen – 100,000 (1,700,000 LTD)
- Street Fighter V – 100,000 (1,600,000 LTD)
- Resident Evil 0: HD Remaster – 100,000 (1,400,000 LTD)
- Ultra Street Fighter IV – 100,000 (1,100,000 LTD)