Bethesda has just released the long promised PS4 Fallout 4 update which is said to fix Far Harbor’s frame rate and various issues not encountered on other platforms. The update is ready for North American users to download, but has a tricky process to be followed in order to be installed and work properly.
Here’s what you need to do according to the developer:
- Confirm Fallout 4 is not running. Highlight Fallout 4 in your PS4 dashboard, press OPTIONS, and select CLOSE APPLICATION to ensure Fallout 4 is not running minimized.
- Select RELATED ITEMS. You’ll find this under the Fallout 4 icon in the PS4 dashboard.
- Select MY ADD-ONS.
- Navigate to the DOWNLOAD ARROW next to Far Harbor and select it.
- You should see a notice that Far Harbor has been Added to Downloads.
- Wait for the downloadable content to finish downloading and installing before starting Fallout 4.
Yes, you got it right – you’ll need to delete your Far Harbor installation and re-download it. It’s a very weird process for a patch to be installed on consoles, but Bethesda has probably opted for it to work this way not to leave the core installation files somehow “corrupted” on PS Store.
Let us know if you’ll go through this process and if it actually fixes Far Harbor’s issues.