The first review score of upcoming Wii U exclusive title, Mario Kart 8 has arrived. German magazine Gamepro has awarded the game an excellent review score of 90% and has termed the game as “Best Fun Racer”.
The publication confirms that Mario Kart 8 runs at 60 FPS on Wii U and graphics and music are really impressive. These details were shared by Reddit user BlutGulasch also a subscriber Gamepro, read all the details shared by him below.
- 30 characters
- Coins beeing used to buy new Kart parts
- Music and graphics are amazing @ 60fps
- More than 2 players = 30fps
- Battle mode (balloons) only on regular tracks! No arenas!
- New and old tracks are fantastic!
- Blue shell are way too common (the guy wrote that he got sometimes 3-4 hits within one race – waaay too much!)
- Online play could not be tested (no servers online)
Mario Kart 8 is scheduled to launch on May 30 in North America and in Europe.