Rockstar Games via their official support page has just revelaed the list of reason why your copy of GTA V or your console (PS3 or Xbox 360) might be the actual reason behind all the crashes, freezes, and crazy glitches that you experiencing while playing GTA V.
Here is the recent Q&A updated by Rockstar Games at their website:
Question: I am suddenly experiencing random and intermittent crashes, freezes, and crazy glitches all over the place. I have cleared my cache, deleted game data, re-downloaded the title update, tried to play without my save files, and nothing works. None of my friends’ games have these problems, so it can’t be game itself. How do I know if the problem is my disc or my console?
Answer: Rockstar games frequently read data off the disc, and the following behaviors suggest that the game cannot read the disc and there may be a problem with either the disc or the console.
Grand Theft Auto V
- No audio
- Cut-scenes stuttering or freezing in random locations, but only on that disc or console
- Sound effects playing, but no dialogue audio or dialogue cutting in and out
- Random, non-reproducible crashes and freezes that only happen when using a particular disc or console
- Falling through the floor randomly, plummeting down underground into emptiness and then dying
- Getting to a spot where you know there should be a cutscene, but no cutscene plays and all you can do is walk around the area
- Generic text showing up in Xbox dashboard or PS3 XMB when viewing game icon
- Popping in of objects in high level-of-detail environment or textures, objects being unusually slow to load in
- PS3 beeping and turning itself off
- Being kicked back to the PS3 XMB or Xbox 360 dashboard without warning
- Being unable to install the game to the hard drive on 360 (stalling at the same % each time), or freezing during game data installation on the PS3.