Playstation 4 Safe Mode allow players to start the console with minimum required functionality. This mode provide gamers with several Menu Options that may help them correct issues and allow PS4 to start normally.
NOTE: We do not recommend using the options in Safe Mode unless you are experiencing issues with the PlayStation 4. Some of these options could result in loss of data.
Here are the steps on how to use Playstation 4 Safe Mode And what are the options available along with their details.
How to Start PS4 in Safe Mode
Turn off the PlayStation 4 by pressing the power button on the front panel. The power indicator will blink for a few moments before turning off.
Once the PlayStation 4 is off, press and hold the power button. Release it after you’ve heard two beeps: one when you initially press, and another 7 seconds later.
Connect the DualShock 4 controller with the provided USB cable and press the PS button on the controller.
Safe Mode Options: The following options are available in Safe Mode
- Restart System – Ends Safe Mode and restarts the PlayStation 4 normally.
- Change Resolution – Changes the screen resolution to 480p when the PlayStation 4 is restarted.
- Update System Software – Allows the PlayStation 4 to update the system software via Internet, USB Drive, or Disc.
- Restore Default Settings – Restores the PlayStation 4 to the default factory settings.
- Rebuild Database – Scans the drive and creates a new database of all content.
- This operation may take a long time depending on the type and number of data items.
- Initialize PS4 – IMPORTANT: All data and settings will be lost by performing this step.
- Deletes all user data and restores the PS4 to as if it just came out of the box. This option is the same as [Initialize PS4 ] in the (Settings) menu. System software (firmware) is not deleted.
- Initialize PS4 (Reinstall System Software) – IMPORTANT: Deletes all information on the HDD, including the System Software. A message that states a USB storage device containing the System Software must be connected, is displayed. Then you can confirm the selection.
Our Other How To PS4 Guides Are Available via Following Links:
- How to Change/Upgrade PS4 HDD And List of Compatible HDD Available In Market
- How Overheating Issue Is Indicate By PS4
- How To Update PS4 Firmware 1.50 via USB To Avoid PSN Outage/Error And Slow Download Issue
- How To Fix PS4 Brick Freeze Issue i.e OS Won’t Load From HDD
- How To Take Screenshot, Capture Gameplay, Overheating, Operate Via Voice Command And More