Amazon has finally announced and released “Fire TV”, a Set Top Box with game playing capability. It’s $99 system, the controller’s cost is $40 and runs on an Amazon’s version of Android.
You can read full details about Amazon Fire TV such as “general information, hardware specification, the trailer of first party games and full breakdown image details all technical aspect”.
- $99 system
- $40 controller (comes with $10 in Amazon credit to spend on games and a free copy of Sev Zero)
- Runs Amazon’s version of Android
- Similar to Roku or Apple TV but it also plays games
- Publishers like EA, 2K, Ubisoft, Gameloft, Disney, Double Fine, and Telltale are on board (with their mobile games presumably)
- Minecraft and Asphalt Demo was showcased at the event
- Thousands of apps/games available soon
- Already Available On Amazon Website
- Voice Control Support
- SOC Platform: Qualcomm Snapdragon 8064
- Processor: Qualcomm Krait 300, quad-core to 1.7 Ghz
- GPU: Qualcomm Adreno 320
- Storage: 8 GB internal
- RAM: 2 GB LPDDR2 @ 533 MHZ
So far only two first party games are confirmed for Fire TV, “Montage and Sev Zero”. You can watch trailer of both these games, and also check out full breakdown images of Fire TV and its controller. Click on the images below to enlarge.