DICE and EA have just announced details about upcoming server update for Battlefield 4. This latest server update called “Update 8” will arrive on November 12 i.e tomorrow across all platforms.
The developer via Battlelog has also released full changelog of Battlefield 4 server update 8, the most notable change is addition ot Live Scoreboard on PC. Take a look at full changelog below.
UPDATE #8 (Nov 12):
Client patch (PC)
- The PC client patch for Battlefield 4 will go live in the near future and fixes a number of different issues you have helped us to identify, including a number of the most common crashes and freezes. We will get back to you with a full fix list and a specific date for this update soon.
Maintenance downtime (All platforms)
- Nov 13, we have a planned maintenance starting at 9AM UTC/1AM PST. The maintenance will last for 2-3 hours and multiplayer for Battlefield 4 will be unavailable on all platforms in increments during this window. This maintenance is done in preparation for the upcoming client patches.
Console Server Update (PS3/X360)
- During the Nov 13 maintenance window mentioned above, we will roll out the latest server update for X360 and PS3. This server update will include the following fixes:
- Temporarily disabled the ”Indirect Fire” and ”Perimeter Defense” Field Upgrades on PS3 as they caused the game to crash when spawning. This is a temporary workaround while we work to solve the issue altogether.
- Fixed a number of dog tags that were showing up as blank in-game.
- Lowered the damage caused by Mobile AA Active Radar missiles to aircraft. The previous damage was incorrectly set too high.
- Improved server crash reporting and performance tracking on all platforms. This should further help us identify and fix server crashes going forward.
Upcoming console client patches (PS3/X360)
- We are testing and finalizing upcoming client patches for PS3 and X360. We will be able to give you an ETA on these at a later date. You can always find the latest info in this thread.
Upcoming Live Scoreboard (PC)
- We will introduce Live Scoreboards in the PC server browser on Battlelog in the upcoming days. It will let you see the current status in the ongoing round on a server before you join, such as the number of remaining targets in a round of Obliteration. We will be able to give you specific date on this feature soon.