Here’s another case of developer accepting the demand of of PC gaming community. The Evil Within was released just a week ago and the game was very well received by critics and fans. However, developers received some sorts of criticisms for PC gamers for not including the option of 60 FPS and capping the game at 30 FPS.
Today, Betheda has released a brand new patch for The Evil Within. It not only adds an option of 60 FPS but also fixes black and other nasty issues. You can check out the full changelog below.
- Frame lock settings added
- In settings, you can now toggle between a 30 FPS and 60 FPS cap. *Checked and it’s 60 FPS with V-sync enabled*
- Letterbox setting
- UI toggle to disable the letterbox bars
- Fixes gameplay issues when running at > 30 FPS
- Fixes for visual issues associated with removing letterbox framing
- Achievements now work when console is enabled
- Fix for game starting in windowed mode on first run
- Minor localization fixes