A brand new firmware for beta preview version of the Xbox One April update has been released by Microsoft, and as per the details in the changelog, it carries fix for nasty Blu-ray issues that have been plaguing beta testers in past couple of weeks.
In addition to this, development at Microsoft stated that from now on mostly fixes will be released for known issues. This implies that all new features and additions in Xbox One April firmware are in place and release is just around the corner.
You can read the full message from Microsoft below:
We have started to deploy the latest 1404 update (xb_rel_1404.140405-2200). This update will be rolled out in waves. The first group will be able to install the update starting at 8:00PM PDT on 4/7. Consoles in this first group that have not received the update in standby mode by 1:00AM PDT on 4/9 will be prompted to install the update when they connect to Xbox Live. We’re at a stage in previewing this update where new updates will primarily contain fixes and improvements. The following changes are contained within this build:
- Ongoing fixes and adjustments to the user interface.
- A new fix for the Blu-ray software issue that can result in the “Do you own this game or app? (0x87de07d1)” error.
- A fix to address issues where the Blu-ray drive will not ingest a disc after the console has been idle for a period of time.
- Update to address an issue where some non-Blu-ray disc media types are pulled back into the drive after being ejected, requiring a second eject command.
- A fix for an issue where some games may become unresponsive when attempting to resume after the console has come out of standby.
- In this version of the 1404 update, the startup process of a console doing a cold boot up (systems that are configured for power saving mode, versus instant on) will encounter a delay of approximately 30 seconds, during which a solid black screen is displayed. This issue is not present for consoles powering up from a standby state. A fix for this issue is currently being tested.
- During silent update installation some devices controlled by the Xbox One via IR (TVs, receivers) may power on in the middle of the update process and not power back down. The developers are investigating this issue.
- Some preview participants have encountered issues where GameDVR clips are periodically being recorded without audio. A fix for this issue is currently being tested.
We are releasing this update to the remaining participants starting tonight. The remaining participants will be able to install the update starting at 6:00PM PDT on 4/8. Consoles in this second wave that have not received the update in standby mode by 1:00AM PDT on 4/10 will be prompted to install the update when they connect to Xbox Live.
Also, we are aware of an existing issue in this update where consoles coming out of standby that try to launch a game from disc may fail to launch the game, requiring the disc to be ejected and reinserted. The development team is working on a fix for this issue.