Research firm NPD has announced their report for the all important month of November 2015 and as expected PlayStation 4 took the crown of “Best Selling Hardware” and Call of Duty: Black Ops III was the Best Selling Software beating Fallout 4 handsomely. Overall retail sales were up by 2 percent year over year, retail hardware sales were up 11 percent year over year and retail software sales were down 7 percent year over year.
Call of Duty: Black Ops III also exceeds the sales of its predecessor, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare. Fallout 4 sales performance was excellent. The game managed to take the crown of best Fallout launch in the history on the franchise, sold over 70 percent more units than Fallout: New Vegas and 9 percent more copies that its predecessor, Fallout 3.
On PlayStation 4’s amazing performance in all important November 2015, Sony PR said:
“We have hit several key milestones over the last few weeks. Prior to Black Friday, we announced we have sold through more than 30.2 million PS4s to consumers around the world and that PS4 continues to exhibit the fastest growth in PlayStation hardware history. In addition, Black Friday sales were the strongest in PlayStation history demonstrating more people game now than ever before. We are also pleased to announce November was the biggest month ever for PlayStation Store indicating a strong digital marketplace complementing healthy retail sales.”
You can check out the full list of Top 10 Best Selling Games of November 2015:
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III – (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3, PC | Actvision Blizzard), Higher than Advanced Warfare, highest selling game since 2013
- Fallout 4 (PS4, Xbox One, PC | Bethesda Softworks)
- Star Wars: Battlefront (PS4, Xbox One, PC | Electronic Arts) – Up 21% versus The Force Unleashed, the previous best selling Star Wars game (it had a worldwide LTD of over 7 million copies)
- Madden NFL 16 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3 | Electronic Arts)
- NBA 2K16 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3 | Take-Two)
- FIFA 16 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3 | Electronic Arts)
- Need For Speed (PS4, Xbox One | Electronic Arts)
- Halo 5: Guardians (Xbox One | Microsoft)
- Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate (PS4, Xbox One, PC | Ubisoft)
- Just Dance 2016 (Wii, Wii U, 360, Xbox One, PS4, PS3 | Ubisoft)