The wait is finally over, Sony has just updated Playstation App to v1.70. It update is available for download for both iOS and Android users.
This firmware for Playstation App is pretty important one as it gives users an option to upload their own profile picture directly from the application, to be used as PSN avatar.
Previously, there was a limitation as players were only allowed to use their Facebook profile picture as their PSN avatar. You can read below full changelog of Playstation App firmware 1.70 below.
PlayStation App v1.70 Update
Push Notifications, Friend Requests and More: This new PlayStation app update will give you the option to receive Push Notifications for select PS4 updates you want to receive, such as gameplay Invitations, Game Alerts or Friend Requests. You can also receive Friend Requests via email or text messages with the app update. Also, it’s now easier to change your profile picture right from your mobile device by uploading an image from your photo library, or taking a photo using your in-device camera.
- Notification alerts are now supported.
- Thumbnails are now displayed for screenshots and video clips that are posted to Twitter or Facebook® as activities. (To use this feature, you must have a Twitter or Facebook account.)
- Resolutions for iPad 2 and iPad mini are now supported.
- Pictures you take on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch can now be set as your profile picture.
- You can now send a PSN℠ Friend request to your friend using email or text.
- Stability during use of some features has been improved.