As promised, Sony has just released the much awaited and highly anticipated PlayStation 4 firmware 2.0. The update is now rolling out so it may take some time to arrive at your region, it weighs 218MB in size. PlayStation 4 firmware 2.0 adds ton of important features such as Share Play, USB Music Player, Themes, New Voice Commands, Ability to change Online and Privacy Status, Pause Download and many more things.
You can read full rundown of the new features below. Download Links for PS4 firmware are also provided.
New Voice Commands are: “Start PlayStation®Store, Start Notifications, Start Friends, Start Messages, Start Party, Start Profile, Start Trophies, Start Settings, Start Power, Start Take Screenshot Log”
- Share Play: PlayStation 4 will create an online local co-op experience by allowing you to invite a friend to join your game – even when they don’t own a copy of it.
- YouTube: A dedicated app for YouTube is coming with v2.0, along with the ability to upload gameplay highlights directly from PS4 to YouTube by clicking the ‘Share’ button on DUALSHOCK 4. Be sure to check the PlayStation Store to download the YouTube app.
- Themes and colors: Personalize your home screen background with select themes and colors.
- Live broadcasting enhancements: Search filters, archived broadcast support and more have been added to Live from PlayStation
- Content Area and Library: Find and access your content quicker with a redesigned Content Area and improved filter and sort functions for the PS4 Library.
- USB Music Player*: Insert USB memory with music in your PS4 and start playing your favorite tunes in the background.
- Players you may know: Get suggestions for gamers you may know in the ‘What’s New’ section
- PS4 Firmware 2.0 Download: US
- PS4 Firmware 2.0 Download: UK
- PS4 Firmware 2.0 Download: Japan
- PS4 Firmware 2.0 Download: Aus/NZ
Check out the official patch notes/changelog of PlayStation 4 firmware 2.0: