So the stage is all set for the arrival of Playstation 4. It will come with a 500 GB replaceable HDD, however going by the size of next-gen games (all are almost 50 GB in size) its going to get fill up fast pretty soon.
As mention above, it possible to replace PS4 HDD with a new one, but players need to check that replacements HDD should not be thicker than 9.5mm, 5400 RPM SATA II.
Check out below full guide on how to replace PS4 HDD with a new one:
- Remove Glossy part of PS4
- You will clearly see PS4 HDD located inside
Exact Place of PS4 HDD is shown in below picture:
- Now properly Unscrew the PlayStation Screw
- Remove the HDD.
- Locate the side screws. They’re
Exact Location of Side Screw on PS4 HDD:
- Unscrew Them and easily take out the HDD.
- Do steps 1 through 6 but in reverse with your new HDD.
All Images courtesy PCGamesDe
Furthermore, here is the complete list of currently available PS4 HDD compatible models along with price and other details:
- 2TB HDD Coming Soon (None available as of now, ~$126)
- HGST Travelstar 1.5TB 5K1500 2.5-Inch Mobile 5400 RPM 6.0 Gb/s (~$125)
- Seagate 1TB Solid State Hybrid Drive 5400 RPM 6.0 Gb/s (~$108)
- Lenovo ThinkPad 1TB 5400 RPM 3.0 Gb/s (~$98)