Bluehole has just announced that PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Update 1.0 is live now on the test server. The update comes with a lot of new tweaks and improvements, the official patch notes are provided below. Please note that the test will be available starting from today until 11 PM PST on November 23. According to the details revealed in the patch notes, PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Patch 1.0 adds two new weapons DP-28 and AUG A3. It also comes with a lot of gameplay, animation and optimization tweaks. Check out the full patch notes below.
Update 1.0 Changelog – PUBG
- Optimize character animations
- Added LODs to further optimize weapon rendering for long distance
- Optimized various world effects
- Optimized various UI elements
- Optimized the sea by reducing wave effects
- Decreased terrain loading time
- Decrease memory usage of characters
- Additional vaulting animation for objects with a height of approx. 60 cm or lower (when holding down the Shift key)
- Greatly reduced jacket/coat clipping issue when moving in ADS while leaning
- Reduced the hit damage for hands and feet and increased the hit damage on thighs and arms.
- The healing period for bandages has been reduced to 4.5 seconds from 8.5 seconds. The casting time and the amount of health restored are the same as before.
- Players can now parachute and land on certain areas that were not previously accessible, including the outskirts of the island
- Added markings for zeroing distances on 15x scope reticle texture
- Added new 4x reticle for 7.62mm weapons
- Added new 4x reticle for sniper and SMG weapons
- Added blur effect on the outside of scopes
- Bullets now penetrate water based on the velocity of projectile (the faster the velocity, more shallow the penetration)
- Lowered camera position when proning in third-person
- Decreased firing rate of SKS and Mini-14
- Increased sprinting speed while holding DMR in hands (now as fast as assualt rifles) Decreased recoil for Mk14
- 8x and 15x scopes cannot be attached to an M16A now
- Added DP-28 Weapon: DP-28 will be spawned in world. It has a 7.62mm 47-round pan magazine for 7.62mm. Sights and a 4x scope can be attached. It has low firing rate but a long effective firing range with high damage
- Added AUG A3 Weapon: The AUG A3 can be obtained from care packages. Its a variant of a bull-pup assault rifle that uses a 30-round magazine as standard and 40 rounds when extended. It has high muzzle velocity, high rate of fire and low vertical recoil.
- Kar98k will no longer be included in care packages. World spawn rate of Kar98k will remain the same