PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds is finally complete on Steam/PC. After being in development via Steam Early Access program, Bluehole today announced that PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds development on PC is complete with the release of Update 1.0. As expected, the changes, improvements and new additions that come with PUBG Update 1.0 are huge, you guys can read the full changelog below. Update 1.0 is available now on Live Servers, in order to Download and Install it, all you need to do is restart your steam client and run the game.
To celebrate this special moment, Bluehole is offering an Exclusive T-Shirt (in-game) only to those PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds players who will boot up the game in the “next few weeks”. Check out how the T-Shirt is going to look on your in-game character model. The quote on the T-Shirt reads: “Winner Winner Chicken Dinner”.
PUBG Update 1.0 Changelog
- Optimized terrain data to reduce memory usage
- Optimized texture to reduce memory usage
- Optimized the sea by reducing wave effects
- Reduced the lag issue when multiple players are in sight
- Optimized character animations
- Decrease memory usage of characters
- Added LODs to further optimize weapon rendering for long distance
- Optimized various world effects
- Optimized various UI elements
- Reduced the lag issue when terrain is loading
- Decreased terrain loading time
- Reduced the server lag issue of players moving abnormally
Items – Added 5 new weapons:
- Added DP-28 which is Erangel exclusive. DP-28 will be spawned in world. It has a 47-round pan magazine for 7.62mm. Sights and a 4x scope can be attached. It has low firing rate but a long effective firing range with high damage
- Added AUG A3. The AUG A3 can be obtained from care packages. It’s a variant of a bull-pup assault rifle that uses a 5.56mm 30-round magazine as standard and 40 rounds when extended. It has high muzzle velocity, high rate of fire and low vertical recoil.
- Added R45 which is Miramar exclusive. R45 will be spawned in world, it uses .45 ammo and 6 bullets can be loaded. Red dot sight can be attached. It has high accuracy and faster reload speed than R1895
- Added Win94 which is Miramar exclusive. Win94 will be spawned in world. It’s a variant of a lever action rifle that uses .45 ammo and 8 bullets can be loaded. It’s for an expert player since it doesn’t take any attachments except bullet loops and is mid-range effective with slow reload speed but high damage
- Added Sawed-Off which is Miramar exclusive. Sawed-Off will be spawned in world. It uses 12 gauge shot and 2 shells can be loaded. No attachments available. It has short range, high dispersion, lower damage than other shotguns but can fire in rapid succession
- Added new Ghillie suit to the care package
- R1895 will not spawn in Miramar
- Kar98k will no longer be included in care packages. World spawn rate of Kar98k will remain the same
- Added a new map – Miramar
- Miramar will temporarily have a higher chance of being selected
- Miramar supports 2 weather types:
- Miramar builds on and modifies the core Battle Royale experience by providing varied visuals and gameplay:
- Vaulting & Climbing action will be even more useful when crossing the Miramar terrain
- Players can experience highly tactical battles that will force them to utilize their cover and concealment skills
- Choosing the vehicle type is more important than before, as off-road driving is now different from on-road driving experience
- Which map is played will be selected randomly when a match begins
- Removed rainy and foggy weather from Erangel
- Added Van. Van is a six-seat vehicle and Miramar exclusive. It has low maximum speed and driving force but it has the highest HP in the game. Therefore, the Van can be useful in various tactical situations
- Added Pickup. Pickup is a four-seat off-road vehicle and Miramar exclusive. It is designed to be well adjusted for Miramar’s bumpy terrain. Pickup is the most all-around vehicle in the game and suitable for various playstyles
- Added Aquarail. Aquarail is a two-seat water vehicle. The player in the passenger seat can user their weapons. It has good cornering and high mobility so you can expect Aquarail to do well in guerrilla tactics.
- Motorcycle and Buggy are also available in Miramar. They have different skins compared to their Erangel cousins.
- Added vaulting & climbing action: Additional vaulting animation for objects with a height of approx. 60 cm or lower (when holding down the Shift key)
- Greatly reduced jacket/coat clipping issue when moving in ADS while leaning
- Added the missing firing mode switching animations (and sounds) to UZI
- Transitions between sprinting and running animations are now smoother
- Leaning animations have been improved to ensure consistency between ADS/FPP and TPP
- The position of the gun in FPP will be lowered depending on the scope or other attachment that is mounted on the firearm
- Tweaked the FPP animations and limits to reduce seeing the inside of own character
- Moved the camera to correct position in FPP mode for drivers
- Position of most of the guns in FPP has been changed to ensure further reduction of clipping with clothing
The list is pretty massive, you guys can check out the official list on Steam.