The Moon Kingdom is the final world in the story for Super Mario Odyssey.
It’s separated into two parts: The Moon and the Cave. The Moon, as you would expect, has low-gravity, meaning you can jump higher than before and go across gaps you couldn’t in normal kingdoms. The Cave, however, is typical to your final world area of a Mario game, with lava and pitfalls everywhere you look.
The Moon Kingdom has 50 coins separated between these two sections. Here’s how to find every single one of them.
1) The first three purple coins can be found just behind the Odyssey. Players will need to go around the rock to find a flower and use it to springboard up to the top of the hill.
2) There’s a small platform to the east of the Odyssey that players can drop down to. Go into the warp pipe to enter the world’s 2D puzzle section. Go right to the end and jump up onto a ledge to find three purple coins.
3) Move forwards and drop down from the starting area to the north. Instantly turn around to find three coins hiding just inside the cliff.
4) After collecting the coins in No. 3, jump over to the other side of the map to the west. Instantly turn left and walk towards a large mountain in the distance. Climb it and there will be three coins waiting for you.
5) These coins are clear as day in the center of the map. But they’re guarded by a large enemy, so jump up and take them quickly.
6) On the way to the cave, players will notice four coins off to the west. To reach these coins, players need to long jump over to each spire.
7) These three coins are hidden behind the treasure chest that players can see in the westernmost point of the map. Players can either long jump or use one of the boost flowers to jump over to the small platform.
8) These coins are located east of the entrance to the cave, just in front of the entrance to the Chapel. Players can either jump and throw Cappy to grab them, or use the flower beneath them to get all six.
9) The Cave is a pretty straightforward run to the end. This guide will show you where to find the purple coins in order from the start of the cave to the end.
The first three coins are located just under the bridge from the starting area. Use a Dry Bones to float down and grab them.
Once players reach the moving platforms, they’ll need to take over a nearby Wiggler. Once players progress through this section, they’ll notice three coins off to the left. Using Wiggler, stretch out and grab the coins with ease.
Players may have noticed a small amount of coins on top of a pillar at the entrance of the map. They aren’t accessible at the start, however, and you’ll need to progress through the cave until you can take over a Bullet Bill.
Once you have taken over Bullet Bill, fly back over to the starting area and jump out when you’re above the pillar to grab the coins. Players can then choose to navigate the route again or kill themselves to warp back to a further checkpoint.
The next coins are pretty straightforward. Take over Bullet Bill again, and progress through the intended route. You’ll notice three purple coins to the right of the second large Bullet Bill cannon.
Next, hit the button on the floor with a ground pound and grab the coins by using the nearby Capture ability, so you can see the invisible floor.
The last set of coins in the Cave appears just before the Broodal mini-boss fight. Using the second Chunk, charge up using Y and run to the coins behind his spawn point.
The Moon, again
10) After exiting the cave, players will finally reach the Chapel—the setting for the final showdown of the game.
The last set of coins can be found on top of the church at the end of the level. In order to get them, however, you need a frog.
Circle around to the back of the church, at the northernmost point of the map, to find a frog. Capture it with Cappy’s ability and jump all the way to the top of the spire to find the final coins.