Some of you may remember a game from the early 90’s called Sensible Soccer. Its adorably quirky graphics and pure fun gameplay hold a special place in many a soccer fan’s gaming memories. This coming Thursday, October 19th, Sociable Soccer attempts to re-kindle that same feeling when it enters Early Access on Steam.
Sociable Soccer was originally set to release on Steam this past week on the 12th of October, but a last minute problem prompted developer Tower Studios to delay the launch by one week. While Sociable Soccer won’t compete against the big guys, such as FIFA 18 or PES 2018, it aims to attract a different type of gamer. Perhaps the latest and greatest from EA isn’t cutting it anymore for you. We’ve certainly seen the decline in overall game enjoyment from NHL 18, as is evident by our recent review.
How does Sociable Soccer attempt to solve that? The game will feature loads of teams, albeit unlicensed ones, so prepare yourself for players like Harry Kant and Ibrehimovic. The perspective of gameplay is also unique and reminiscent of the classics series. The bird’s eye view will enable players to spent more time pulling off ridiculous moves, rather than admiring flawless animations from up close.
Sociable Soccer will launch with the following features when it hits Steam next week:
- Fast, slick, ultra-responsive gameplay with intuitive game controls
- Play with a variety of control methods & cameras, including THAT camera angle
- Over 1,000 fully researched club & international teams
- Over 30,000 players (each with his own player card)
- Local Multiplayer Mode (Online Multiplayer on its way very soon)
- Loads of formations and tactics options to fine tune your team
- 67 full international, real world football leagues, cups and tournaments
- Boss Mode: Upgrade your boss character by winning international trophies with clubs from around the world (minimum 100 hours campaign)
Future enhancements, such as online multiplayer, are also planned. Cross-platform play is said to be working already between PC and Android or iOS devices.
While no price is listed on the Steam page yet, the official FAQ is being humorously vague about it:
Q: How much will the game cost?
A: An arm and a leg, but please state which hand is your preference so that you’ll still be able to play the game after purchasing.
Be sure to keep an eye on our upcoming coverage of Sociable Soccer, as we can’t wait to recreate some of those epic moments we remember from our childhood!