Valve has just released first patch for PC version of Counter Strike: Global Offensive. The patch makes many tweaks to game's sound level. According to the details revealed by developer, Smoke grenades will now more smoke cloud to make it more useful to use it to block places like double-doors in dust2.
Check out the full changelog below.
Addressed some stability issues.
- Fixed perf issues when logging is enabled.
- Added a convar (cl_crosshairgap) to control the gap of the classic crosshair.
- The smoke grenade smoke is now taller so it's now more useful to use it to block places like double-doors in dust2.
- Players can no longer interrupt another player defusing the bomb by standing in between them and the bomb.
- Disabled sv_pure on listen servers.
- Fixed an sv_pure bug that resulted in false inconsistent MD5s
- Increased search iterations and time delay for keeping sessions in the ignored pool. mm_ignored_sessions_reset can now reset the ignored pool.
- Fixed a case where MOTD prevents input to the team select screen.
- Fixed occasional "server is full" error when matchmaking into classic casual games.
- Fixed an exploit where a vote could be called for an invalid map.
- added some sound mix settings suggested by pros
- increased the volume of bullet impacts and ricochets
- increased the volume of 3rd person footsteps
- increased the volume of weapon foley sounds (reloads, etc.)
- ecreased the volume of ambient sounds
- Added steamcmd support to srcds_run. In order to have srcds_run auto-update when the CS:GO dedicated servers get patched, the srcds_run script must be run with the following options: -autoupdate -steam_dir STEAMDIR -steamcmd_script STEAMSCRIPT
- where STEAMDIR is the directory to the steamcmd dir ( example: ~/Steam/ )
- where STEAMSCRIPT is the name of the script that steamcmd should execute ( example: ~/Steam/csgo.txt )