A teaser trailer already showed Red Bull Project X1 car for Gran Turismo 5 recently. This now revealed in the UK Car Magazine.
The Red Bull Car Project X1 will define the new boundaries of motorsport, which appears as an extreme car with a unique shape and mechanics, and unlike any other racer in the history of motor sport. This dream could be reality only using the technology of the PS3 and the virtual environment of Gran Turismo 5, to which the millions of users can now participate.
- Engine: gas turbine, 1483bhp @ 15,000RPM, 527lb ft @ 12,000RPM
- Transmission: continuously variable, rear-wheel drive
- Top Speed: 249mph
- Weight: 545kg
- Length/Width/Height: 4750/2180/980mm
- Suzuka Lap Time: 1:11.540 (compare with Vettel’s 2009 F1 lap time of 1:30.833)
- Special Features: enclosed wheels, “fan element” to increase low and medium-speed downforce (much like a vacuum cleaner)