Dark Souls 2 on PC didn’t have a smooth launch and players are reporting some nasty issues like crash on start-up and so on.
Namco Bandai has just issued two workaround to fix this nasty issues and also promised to address all the other issues.
“We’ll be working hard to escalate and investigate any problems you’re having. We will also continue to monitor these forums for any further issues.” said Namco Bandai.
The first workaround from Steam user Keys and confirmed to be working by Namco Bandai reads as follow:
“On AMD video cards, go to control centre. under Properties (Digital flat-panel) and enabling GPU scaling. Apply and start game.”
Here is the second workaround:
- Select Dark Souls 2 in Steam..
- Unplug your HDMI/DVI Cable.
- Hit Enter (this will start the game).
- Plug it back in. Using this workaround the game is locked to windowed mode 1280×720.
- After setting your resolution and fullscreen mode in the options menu, restart the game using the same technique. For some people this will allow the game to be played at their desired resolution and in fullscreen mode. Some people have reported not having sound using this workaround.
It will be better for Namco Bandai to fix these nasty issues in Dark Souls II PC version via patch, these temporary workaround will work for handful of players and not for all.
Tell us in the comment section below what issue you guys are facing with Dark Souls II on PC and whether the above listed workaround worked for you or not?