Few lucky (or i should say unlucky ones) already received their Playstation 4 retail unit early, but the excitment of playing next-gen Playstation game early turned into sadness after they encounter nasty brick, freezing, OS data not loading and other such issues.
Some temporary fix were made available by Playstation community, however they were of little or no help whatsoever. So here is a step by step guide detailing how to avoid all these “Brick, Freeze And other” issue on your Playstation 4, as many have said: “Prevention Is Better Than Cure” via Reddit.
- Download the backup software and firmware update 1.50 from HERE and copy them to a USB drive.
- After hooking up the PS4 and before starting to play install PS4 firmware 1.50.
- Do not turn off your PS4 or unplug it. Wait for the update to be completed.
- Activate your account and set up your network.
- If you face any problem, do not attempt to solve it on your own. Find technical help on the Playstation forums.