Its an open secret that Sony Bend is working on a brand new Playstation 4 exclusive title, how details regarding what its all about, where it will take place and other factors are still a mystery. Today, some hint regarding the tech Sony Bend’s PS4 game will use arrived via brand new job listing.
The studio is looking for Associate artist and here is what the job listing description reveal about game’s graphics and visuals, “Realistic textures, real-time lightning, mix baked and many more things”. Read below to find out more.
“Contribute to the artistic vision and development of a AAA product with a specialized focus on creating environment/level assets utilizing a combination of traditional fine art and technical art skills. Responsibilities includes creating and painting environment 2D texture maps, 3D modeling/sculpting, material setup/UV layout, shader setup and some lighting according to defined quality standards, artistic styles, conceptual designs, development pipelines, technical parameters and production goals.”
“Must possess ability to collaborate with a wide-range of development team members outside of direct discipline such as Directors, Designers, Technical Artist, and Animators to achieve artistic goals and implementation as they relate to design and technological considerations.”
Here are the qualification listed for the job:
- Model and texture 3D assets including props, collision and shadow proxies
- Create high quality color, normal, specular texture maps, and shaders that follow established direction, engine guidelines, and parameters.
- Use baked and real-time lighting to enhance the look and playability of the environments.
- Independently undertakes research and information gathering prior to the commencement of a new task to ensure game design needs, reference materials, artistic direction, and technological considerations are effectively managed to meet defined goals.
- Actively advances skill set, and abilities, keeping aware of industry trends and techniques, evaluating competitive products, learning new software packages and traditional art methods.
- Possess good time management and prioritization skills. This entails collaborating with the Production group to manage responsibilities to ensure set goals will be met from a scope, schedule, and artistic perspective.
- Proficient in the use of Photoshop CS to manipulate photo source and create realistic, tillable, textures that match the artistic style of the defined art direction. This requires good 2D art skills like composition, drawing, sketching, and color theory.
- Proficient in the use of 3D modeling software to create and texture optimized props and other environment assets within the defined specs and guidelines.
- This requires a basic knowledge of 3D software and the ability to analyze photo source or concept art and turn 2D images into 3D objects. Z-Brush/Mud box experience desirable.
- Good reading and comprehension skills to have complete understanding of complex process documents, design documents, and written assignments.
Some interesting text: “baked and real-time lightning, realistic textures and many more”, these clearly points towards one thing, something pretty special is cooking behind closed doors at Sony Bend. Tell us in the comment section below what are your expectations from the studio?