Can’t play Destiny 2 and not happy about it? Running into a Destiny 2 Servers are Unavailable error message? We hear you. For some reason, Bungie likes to do its server maintenance during the day, where most organizations perform these type of tasks during less popular hours. Whatever their reasons, however, Bungie does announce these downtimes ahead of time, and also did so this time.
Destiny 2 will be brought offline tomorrow (12/01) for server maintenance starting at 8 AM PST. Expected duration is 6 hours: https://t.co/Ocy0lEVMfq"
— Bungie Help (@BungieHelp) November 30, 2017
Destiny 2 Servers are Unavailable
The expected downtime is 6 hours, starting at 8AM Pacific time. Bungie has broken down the maintenance schedule as follows:
- 8:00 AM Pacific (1600 UTC)
- Destiny 2 server maintenance is schedule to begin
- Players will no longer be able to log in to Destiny 2
- 9:00 AM Pacific (1700 UTC)
- Players still in Destiny 2 activities will be returned to the title screen
- 2:00 PM Pacific (2200 UTC)
- Destiny server maintenance is scheduled to end
- No gameplay content or updates will be introduced with this maintenance period
The last point is of interest and means that none of the new features and improvements, that were announced just a few days ago, will be implemented during this maintenance period. However, Bungie is likely to use this time to prepare for next week’s Curse of Osiris DLC release. For more details, check out Bungie’s Help page for this particular maintenance period.
If you’re bored right now because Destiny 2 is unavailable, why don’t you get some holiday shopping done by visiting our Holiday Shopping Guide – Best PS4 Games of 2017 suggestions. You can also have look through our extensive Destiny 2 Guide Hub to study up on some strategies and secrets while you wait.