Wolfenstein II: The new Colossus is scheduled to launch worldwide on October 27 (and possibly in 2018 for Nintendo Switch) but few lucky players have already got their hands on the legit retail copy of the game all thanks to the retailers breaking the street date. According to the reports coming out from the official Wolfenstein forums and Reddit, select few retailers in the Middle East have broken the street date and are selling a copy of Wolfenstein II early.
Our friend at NDTV Gadgets got their copy of Wolfenstein II PlayStation 4 version last Saturday and have come to know that there is a Day One Patch which updates Wolfenstein to version 1.01 and it weighs 5.417GB. The official changelog states that the day one patch carries “Various Optimizations and bug fixes”.
If you are planning to buy and experience Wolfenstein II then I would like to advise you to stay away from the internet as the game is already out in the hands of few PlayStation 4 owners and there is a possibility that you might come across few story spoilers. For those who just need a few points from early players on how exactly Wolfenstein II is – here are 5 points that Reddit user “hishoax” on this note:
- The game comes with a reversible or Alternate Cover, the artwork is great.
- The action starts off faster than the first game (I wasn’t a fan of the first “Bunker” level in Wolfenstein: The New Order).
- There’s a recap of TNO when you first start a new game, this is skippable.
- The biggest thing you’ll notice instantly is how much better the game looks than Wolfenstein: The New Order.
- The game can be incredibly violent but there’s also some great comedic moments.
In another news, MachineGames has shared the Minimum and Recommended PC Specs for Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus and what advance graphical features the game is going to bring to the table for PC gamers. So let’s take a look at them below.
- OS: Win7, 8.1, or 10 (64-Bit versions)
- CPU: Intel Core i7-3770/AMD FX-8350 or better
- GPU: NVIDIA GTX 770 4GB/AMD Radeon R9 290 4GB or better
- RAM: 8 GB
- Storage: 55GB
- Additional Requirements: Steam account and broadband internet connection for activation and installation
- AMD GPU drivers no longer support Windows 8.1
- OS: Win7, 8.1, or 10 64-Bit
- CPU: Intel Core i7-4770/AMD FX-9370 or better GPU: NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB/AMD Radeon RX 470 4GB or better
- RAM: 16 GB
- Storage: 55GB
- Additional Requirements: Steam account and broadband internet connection for activation and installation. AMD GPU drivers no longer support Windows 8.1
PC ADVANCED SETTINGS AND FEATURES
Advanced Visual Settings
- Directional Occlusion
- Motion Blur
- Image Streaming
- Volumetric Quality
- Decal Filtering
- Deferred Rendering
- Chromatic Aberration
- Depth of Field
- Resolution Scaling
- Supports 4K resolution
Field of View Slider
- 70 FOV to 120 FOV
With such a wide range of tastes in aspect ratios among PC gamers, it was important for us to ensure compatibility with as many as possible. Here are a few of the big ones, but it’s by no means all of them.
- 21:9 (ultra widescreen)
Full keyboard and mouse rebinding options Separate controller and mouse/keyboard sensitivity settings
Wolfenstein II supports wide range of anti-aliasing options including, but not limited to:
In a first-person shooter where every objective marker and crosshair placement is crucial, colorblind modes are helpful for many gamers. Here are the three modes we included:
We at MachineGames are huge PC players, and all of id Software’s games have very strong PC DNA. So it’s important for us to make sure the PC version of the game is as solid as any console version. That’s why we built the game on idTech 6, which also allows for uncapped framerate – one of the features we’re most excited about.