Microsoft has just released Xbox One May firmware beta. The update is now available for download for those in the beta preview program and it brings quite a lot of interesting features and development has shared it with us via official Private Preview forum.
Read below to find out full patch note.
“We have started to deploy the latest update for you to preview: 1405 (xb_rel_1405. 10938.0.140429-2200). Consoles that are in standby mode will be able to install the update starting at 4:00PM PDT on May 2nd. If you want it right away, feel free to use the new System Updates button! Simply check Settings>System, and if you see System update, click it to start your update. Consoles that have not received the update in standby mode or via the manual update button by 1:00AM PDT on May 4th will be prompted to install the update when they connect to Xbox Live.” said Microsoft
Improvements and Fixes
- Several improvements to Kinect gesture controls, including better tracking of hands, fingers, and a user’s head.
- Updates to the Kinect IR blasting feature to address reported issues, resulting in better control over certain devices.
- Underlying OS changes required to enable planned 1405 features.
- Snap and Kinect Audio Controls. We know you loved the brief view of the UI for this feature in the last wave, but it wasn’t quite ready. It’s now ready for everyone to give it a go! Adjust the volume differences between apps when you have one open in Snap, or adjust how much softer the audio is made when using Kinect for communication.
- Opt-In to help us improve Speech Recognition. We’re always looking to make Kinect Voice Recognition more accurate, and the more voices we have to fine tune our algorithms, the better it can be! As such, we’ve added an option under Settings>Privacy &amp;amp; Online Safety>Customizing privacy and online safety titled Share Voice Data. Setting this to “Allow” will send allow to use your voice data to make Kinect Voice Recognition better.
- Test the System Update button! Now that the System Update button is available, we hope you’ll put it to use as new updates become available in this Wave! Try it out, and let us know of any issues you run into.”