How to find and catch Celebi in Pokémon Crystal on the Nintendo 3DS virtual console version
Pokémon Crystal for the Nintendo 3DS virtual console launched a few days ago, giving players the opportunity to play one of the best Pokémon games ever made.
Nintendo made a few changes to the virtual console version of the game, however, to give players the chance to capture Pokémon that weren't previously available. One of these Pokémon includes the legendary Celebi.
Originally in the Game Boy version of Pokémon Crystal, players could only catch Celebi by going to an exclusive event and downloading a GS Ball. Players could then use this GS Ball to activate the Celebi event in-game.
This item unfortunately can't be downloaded in the Game Boy virtual console version of Pokémon Crystal. But Nintendo added the GS Ball into the 3DS version of the game to give players the chance to capture Celebi in a different way.
In order to catch Celebi, follow these steps.
1) Defeat the Elite Four and Lance.
2) Go inside Goldenrod City's Pokémon Center. Take one step to the right to receive the GS Ball.
3) After getting the GS Ball, take it to Kurt in Azalea Town. Leave his home after he takes the ball from you.
4) Return to his home after midnight and speak to him again. He'll return the GS Ball to you.
5) Go to Ilex Forest Shrine and save the game before interacting with it. When you touch it, Celebi will appear. Celebi is level 30, so be prepared to catch it by stocking up on Ultra Balls.
After catching Celebi, players can send it to the Pokémon Bank in order to transfer it to other games, such as Ultra Sun and Moon.