Apex Legends Party Not Ready Error | How To Fix The Party Not Ready Issue
Apex Legends is the new Battle Royale of EA Games and Respawn Entertainment. Like all new games, it has bugs and glitches. One of these is the "party not ready" error message that appears regardless of whether players decide to play or not. In this guide, we explain how to solve this problem before the developers themselves finally solve it.
How Fix The Party Not Ready Error in Apex Legends?
This bug prevents players from matchmaking regardless if they’re in a party or not. As seen below, the standard matchmaking option is blocked by a “party not ready” signal. This prevents the game from starting as normal because you aren’t able to ready up.
While Respawn is constantly working to solve issues like these, here are a few simple solutions worth trying:
- Press the menu/options button or click the Settings cog wheel in the lobby screen. Press the designated button to “return to menu” shown in the bottom-left of the screen. This takes you back to the title screen, where you can try readying up again.
- Completely close the app and relaunch it.
- If you’re at a party, try leaving the party and joining it again.
- Wait a few minutes, and you should eventually get the option to ready up.
- If on PS4, press the PS button to return to the system menu and Test Your Internet Connection in Network Settings.
- Go into Training Mode, exit Training Mode and try matchmaking again.
One of these many workarounds should get you back into a lobby every time this error crops up.
Why Does the Party Not Ready Error Happen?
When you’re at the Lobby screen in Apex Legends, all you’ll need to do is hit the Triangle/ Y button to ready up and begin the game. Doing this should see a tick appear next to your username above your chosen Legend, replacing your Player Level. However, sometimes this does not occur.
The problem is, sometimes Apex Legends won’t begin searching because it says the party isn’t ready. If you’re the only player in the lobby, though, there’s no actual way for you to ready up aside from beginning matchmaking. It’s a bit of an annoying bug that’s been plaguing a fair few players, but it’s not entirely unavoidable.
We have to wait for the developers to solve the problem. Before then, try these solutions despite some may be tedious.