Sekiro - Controller Not Working On PC, How To Fix
If you are playing Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice on PC, you may have noticed your controller isn't working! Annoying, certainly, but also something we can help you fix with just a couple of trips into your Steam menus.
Controller Not Working, How To Fix
If your PS4 controller is not working, you need to do the following to fix it:
- Step 1: Launch Steam.
- Step 2: Activate Big Picture Mode
- Step 3: Go to Library
- Step 4: Select Sekiro
- Step 5: Select Manage Game
- Step 6: Select Controller Configuration
- Step 7: Select Browse Configs at the bottom of the screen.
- Step 8: Select the Community options tab, then pick "Sekiro DS4 Pad".
- Step 9: Save your setup.
Now, this should solve your controller issue if you use a PS4 controller. It should completely fix the problem of the gyro controls moving the mouse, so there is no need to do anything in your config files.
Xbox 360 Controller
If you are using an Xbox 360 controller you will need to take the following steps:
- Step 1: In the main Steam application, go to Settings.
- Step 2: Select Controller.
- Step 3: Click on "General Controller Settings."
- Step 4: Tick "Xbox Configuration Support."
- Step 5: Activate Big Picture Mode
- Step 6: Go to Library
- Step 7: Select Sekiro
- Step 8: Select Manage Game
- Step 9: Select Controller Options
- Step 10: Make sure "Steam Input Per-game Setting" is set to "Global Setting PS4/Xbox/Generic"
Now, that should solve the issue of your controller not working if you are using an Xbox 360 controller! The Xbox One controller seems to be the one that is supported by the game, so you should not have any issues if you try to use that controller.
One more little note for PC players. I have noticed the sometime when I Alt+Tab out of the game, when I go back to it the controller will not be working. The buttons will be fine, but the character will not move. The only solution I have found for this is to restart the game.
Also, take a look at our Sekiro Shadows Die Twice PC Error And Fixes Guide; it carries details on how to improve FPS, fix crash and black screen on launch, enable 21:9 support, and more.