Niantic is making some changes to how the next Community Day will work in the wake of lockdowns across the globe to try and deal with the ongoing pandemic. The upcoming Abra Community Day is now being called the Play at Home Edition.
When is Abra Community Day?
The Community Day will take place on Saturday, Apr. 25, from 11:00am to 5:00pm, local time. This is three hours longer than usual.
What will the Abra Community Day feature?
Abra will appear more frequently in the wild, and if you are fortunate, you may encounter a Shiny Abra. You can evolve Abra during the event or up to two hours afterward to obtain an Alakazam that knows an exclusive attack, the Fighting-type Fast Attack Counter!
For $1 (or the equivalent pricing tier in your local currency), you’ll be able to unlock a Community Day exclusive Special Research story called Investigating Illusions. Complete it for 13,000 Stardust, a Poffin, a Rocket Radar, and other rewards.
There are also some other changes coming to the event to make it a bit better to take part in it while you are at home.
- Community Day will now run for six hours instead of the regular three.
- The bonus will now be 3× Catch Stardust.
- Instead of Lure Modules, Incense will last for three hours for the duration of the event.
- Buddy Pokémon with a Buddy Level of Great Buddy or higher will bring you helpful items, such as Poké Balls, throughout the event.
- There’ll be a special one-time purchase April Community Day bundle, featuring an Elite Charged TM, 30 Ultra Balls, three Super Incubators, and three Incense for 1,280 PokéCoins.
- Taking snapshots during Community Day can result in a surprise