Pokémon Go will be having a tour event featuring the Kanto region. This is the first 150 Pokémon ever introduced to the game, and players in this event will need to work their way through the day to capture as many of them as possible. There will be a Red and Green version available that players can buy, and each comes with a special variety of Pokémon, and some even have exclusive shiny chances.
Before figuring out how to buy the ticket, which version should you go with?
These are all of the Pokémon exclusive to the Red Version ticket and those that have increased shiny chances.
- Red Version–Exclusive Pokémon: Ekans, Oddish, Mankey, Growlithe, Scyther, and Electabuzz will be attracted to Incense.
- There’s an increased chance of encountering these shiny Pokémon: Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Pidgey, Ekans, Pikachu, Nidoran ♀, Oddish, Diglett, Mankey, Growlithe, Ponyta, Shellder, Drowzee, Krabby, Hitmonlee, Lickitung, Scyther, Electabuzz, Eevee, Kabuto, and Dratini.
These are all of the Pokémon that you will be exclusive to the ticket’s Green Version and the increased shiny chances for specific Pokémon.
- Exclusive Pokémon: Sandshrew, Vulpix, Meowth, Bellsprout, Magmar, and Pinsir will be attracted to Incense.
- There’s an increased chance of encountering these shiny Pokémon: Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Pidgey, Pikachu, Sandshrew, Nidoran ♂, Vulpix, Meowth, Psyduck, Bellsprout, Geodude, Exeggcute, Hitmonchan, Koffing, Tangela, Horsea, Magmar, Pinsir, Eevee, Omanyte, and Dratini.
How to buy the Kanto Tour ticket
Once you’ve chosen what version you want to pick, you can purchase your Tour: Kanto ticket from the Pokémon Go application.
- Open up the Pokémon Go application
- Click the “See Details” tab for the Pokémon Go Tour: Kanto advertisement, or visit the Pokémon Go Tour: Kanto website
- Apply your credit card information, and confirm the purchase
- Ticket information costs $11.99 USD.
The event occurs on February 20, 2021, from 9 AM to 9 PM in your local time zone. If you purchase the Pokémon Go Tour: Kanto event ticket before the end of December, you’ll be able to grab the January and February Community Day special event tickets.