Stranded Deep is a survival game in which players take the role of a plane crash survivor. As players explore the game’s vast open world and struggle for survival, they need to craft a number of items to fight against the odds. One of the items players can craft in the game is the toolbelt. Here is all you need to know about the toolbelt in Stranded Deep.
The toolbelt is not a piece of equipment that is not necessary for survival, however, it can make things quite easy for the players. The toolbelt allows players to access their tools using hotkeys. However, there’s a catch. The toolbelt occupies some space in your inventory so it is not quite efficient considering that it’s merely for convenience.
How to craft the Toolbelt
Before you can use the Toolbelt, you need to craft it. The toolbelt has several levels and with each level the number of items you can assign to it increases. At level 1 the toolbelt can be used to assign one tool and you can assign up to four tools at level 4. Here are the materials needed for each level.
- Level 1 – 1 Lashing
- Level 2 – 1 Lashing, 1 Cloth
- Level 3 – 1 Cloth, 1 Rawhide
- Level 4 – 2 Leather
How to use the Toolbelt
Once you have crafted the toolbelt, you are all set to use it. Depending on the platform you are playing the game on, the process to assign items to the toolbelt can differ a bit. Here is how to use the Toolbelt on each platform.
- PC: First you need to equip the tool you wish to assign in your hand. Once you have done that, simply press a hotkey until you hear a sound to assign that tool to the hotkey. To equip the tool, just press the hotkey and your character will equip it.
- PlayStation 4: On PS4, after you have equipped the item you wish to assign, simply hold down L1 to bring up the toolbelt menu. Select a slot on the toolbelt with the D-pad and then press L3. This will assign the item to that respective slot. For equipping the tool, simply press the respective D-pad key.
- Xbox One: On the Xbox One, you need to press the LT key after equipping the tool. Once the toolbelt menu opens up, select a slot using the D-pad and press the left analog stick to assign the item to the slot. You can equip the tool by pressing the respective D-pad button.