The Nintendo classic Donkey Kong Country is back! Well, it never really went away, but now you can relive the tropical magic (or experience it for the first time) on the Nintendo Switch. This SNES game is included along with other classics with any Nintendo Switch Online subscription. Like the original game, you can use some handy cheat codes to help out as well. You’re going to want to—like many older Nintendo games, Donkey Kong Country can be quite the challenge.
All cheat codes in Donkey Kong Country
- 50 free lives
- When at the file select screen, select erase game and input: B, A, R, R, A, L. Then select a save file. You will start with 50 extra lives in that file.
- Switch between two players
- When at the file select screen, select erase game and input: B, A, Down, B, Up, Down, Down, Y, A. Then select a save file. You will freely be able to switch between two players in that file.
- Unlock music test section
- When at the file select screen, select erase game and input: Down, A, R, B, Y, Down, A, Y. Then press select.
- Bonus rounds
- As the intro screen is playing, input: Down, Y, Down, Down, Y. You must do this before the file select screen.
Donkey Kong Country is over 20 years old now—we think it’s fair game to use these codes if you want to.