Gaming keyboards are essential pieces of hardware and should not be neglected when assembling your desired gaming rig, as they influence in-game benefits in a number of different ways. Whether you’re striving for the quickest response time, aesthetics, comfort, or RGB lighting that illuminates your entire room during intense gaming sessions, this list has you covered on the top gaming keyboards to keep your crosshairs on.
A few more features that make gaming keyboards desirable are size, dedicated media controls, additional macro keys (ideal for MMORPG players), and key functionality and customization — all factors we’ve considered in putting together the top gaming keyboards of 2020.
The K100 is a predecessor to the K95, and it appears as though Corsair has listened to the community in its improvements toward this model. The top of the board features a hidden LED panel that gives subtle notifications when in use. The wrist rest is magnetic and detachable, and the texture is leather-like, with a textured pattern, which feels incredible to use. Also, the RGB lighting is next-level and looks its best in the darkness. Additionally, the Corsair K100 is built very well, and is accompanied by user-friendly software.
- Subtle branding
- Clean LED indicators at the top of the board
- 6-way cable channel management underneath
- Lighting fast connectivity for gaming
- The wristpad is dust and dirt prone
- High price point
The G413 Carbon is clean, straight forward, and showcases a no-frill-like design. It has no media or macro keys; however, the RBG lighting is fully customizable and is supported by user-friendly software. This keyboard is built to a high standard, given its aluminum-magnesium design. Compared to the other keyboards on this list, the G413 is intended for minimalistic gamers who want a gaming keyboard’s practical benefits, without all of the bells and whistles.
- Clean design
- High-quality, sturdy build
- Great value for money
- USB port
- Comfortable, quality wrist pad
- Lack of media and macro buttons may deter buyers
- Gets dirty easily
The BlackWidow Elite keyboard is about as gamer as you can get. Every single key on this board is customizable, so you can rebind its function, record multiple keystrokes into a macro, or change the RBG lighting to your heart’s content — all in promoting a unique user experience. The keyboard’s top-right section features dedicated media buttons as well, so toggling through your playlist during those intense gaming sessions is a breeze.
- Save up to 5 profile options
- Vast offering of keyboard controls
- Every key is customizable
- Magnetic, ergonomic wrist pad
- RBG lighting for days
- Razer Synapse software can be painful at times
- Cable management leaves room for improvement
The Huntsman Mini is a 60% form factor, mechanical keyboard. Not only are smaller keyboards trendy, but a smaller keyboard means more room for your desk, promoting a more efficient gaming station — ideal for gamers who use low sensitivity, and use up their entire desk for landing headshots. Additionally, the physical keys are fully customizable, so you can pick your own, personalized color keycaps for each key. All in all, this keyboard is a mix of Razers RBG gamer styling in a bite-sized package.
- Promotes loads of desk real estate
- Compact, clean, minimal design
- Color keycap customization
- White color looks amazing
- Lack of size means sacrificing keys that gamers may find useful, including media and macro keys
The design of the Apex Pro is crisp, minimalistic, and sleek. The top right of the keyboard includes small buttons that control the media and keyboard access menu. From here, you can control the RBG lighting, profiles, macros, etc. The cable routing system found underneath the keyboard is very intricate, giving a few different cable management options. Lastly, pushing the buttons is buttery smooth and highly responsive. The Apex Pro’s main feature is the key actuation customization, which is the speed at which the keys respond.
- Compact design
- Menu and media accessibility directly from the keyboard
- Adjustable key switches that allow for customization of actuation distance from 0.4 millimeters to 3.6 millimeters
- A tad on the pricy side
This article includes affiliate links, which may provide small compensation to Gamepur.