Believe it or not, thanks to the Madden community, it is entirely possible to have the most up-to-date Madden 20 rosters well into the upcoming 2020-2021 NFL season. It is a great way to get acquainted with the new rookie class of players, along with those recently traded, before Madden 21 releases. Before you get your hopes too high, it must be said it will require an online connection, can only be used in Exhibition and Franchise modes, and can be done on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
If these setbacks don’t deter you, boot up your copy of Madden 20 and be ready to play after these few easy steps:
- From the main menu, click on the ‘customize’ option, which is an icon shaped like a gear, on the bottom right.
- Scroll down to ‘share and manage files.’ From there, go to ‘download community files.’
- Press Triangle or Y, depending on your console, and click on ‘search for online ID.’
- This is where PS4 and Xbox One owners will take different paths.
- For PS4 users, search the ID: MFMatix. From there, download the roster titled, “Madden 21.”
- For Xbox One users, search the ID: xAPATHYx13, and download the roster named, “Updated20.”
- Go back to the ‘share and manage files’ menu and click on ‘load files.’
- Find the roster file that you have download and load it. You should be all set from there.
Madden 20 has been dealing with a few online bugs since its release. So, if the respective roster does not download the first time, give it a few more tries and it should finally function. Aside from that, you will want to load these rosters every time you start a new exhibition game or franchise. The players in each of these are user-created, so don’t be shocked if they don’t have entirely accurate representations of their physical appearances. However, these are some of the most popular and well-done created rosters in the game and will tame your excited for Madden 21 long enough.