DRM rules are very strict on PS4 and PSN network. If your game license can’t be verified then you won’t be able to play the game. When you launch game and If you receiving an error saying ‘The PS4 is not connected to the internet and cannot verify the license for the application‘, then possible causes are:
- You have done game swapping but previous owner of game has not uninstalled it yet.
- Your PS4 is not set as Primary PS4, (Anyone who uses your Primary PS4 system can enjoy applications you purchase from PlayStation Store.)
- You downloaded digital version of game but haven’t uninstalled the disc version of game yet
To fix it :
- Uninstall any disc version of installation of your game copy if you have any.
- Ask previous owner of game to uninstall the game copy if he hasn’t yet.
- Activate your PS4 console as Primary PS4 by following steps:
- Go to Settings
- Select PSN
- Select Activate as Your Primary PS4 and select Activate
Hope steps mentioned above resolves any DRM issues and errors that you are facing.