When users install a game from Steam, they get the option to choose the drive and folder they intend to save the game on. Moving games from one drive to the other was a hectic process earlier in Steam’s life, but an update has streamlined the process. If you want to move games to another drive, here is all you need to know about it.
How to move Steam games to another drive
To move a Steam game to another drive, you need to first create a second steam library folder on the other drive. This will not only allow you to move the game to that library folder, but you can also install new games in the new folder. Follow the steps below to create a new library folder and move existing games to it.
- Open Steam
- Go to Settings and click on Steam Library Folders button under the Downloads tab
- Click on the Add Library folder button and choose the destination where you want to move the game. Note that this should be on the other drive.
- Once you have created the second folder, simply right click on the game you intend to move and click on Properties.
- Under the Local files tab, click on the Move Install folder button.
- Select the other library folder and click on the Move folder button to move the game.
- You can also use this library folder to install new games.