New things are coming to Pokémon Go, and one of them is the introduction of Regigiggas. It’s a massive creature, a Normal-type, and it’s the big boss of Regirock, Regice, and Registeel. It’s going to get featured in a particular research quest called “A Colossal Discovery.” There are two methods for locating Regigigas. You can wait until the event comes out in early November, or you can purchase a special ticket using real money to get the chance to go after it earlier.
How to Get Regigigas in Pokémon Go
Getting Access to Regigigas Early with A Colossal Discovery Research Event Ticket
Regigigas is making their first appearance in the game. Regirock, Regice, and Registeel have shown up before, but the big boss is going to get its first appearance.
For those who cannot wait to grab this Pokémon, you have the option to go in and purchase an extra ticket to gain access to it. Here’s how you grab it when you visit the Shop.
- Tap on the “Learn More” button in the shop.
- Tap on the “Purchase” button. It’s going to cost $7.99, or your local area’s equivalent to this amount.
- You will then receive a pop-up indicating that you have received a ticket for A Colossal Discovery. Once you click, OK, the ticket will show up in your Item Bag.
- Before the event, you will receive a medal. When the event begins, and you open the app during the event time, you’ll gain access to the Special Research titled A Colossal Discovery.
When you grab the ticket, you’ll have access to the event, but it’s on a specific date. The A Colossal Discovery research event starts on Nov. 2, from 11:00 am to 7:00 pm in your local area.
Players who take part in this event are going to receive a variety of different tasks to complete during this event, which we don’t know what they are right now. Those who are taking part in this event are going to have the chance to finish up these unique tasks following the event and take as long as they need to finish them.
You don’t need to go to a specific area. The unique A Colossal Discovery research event is going to take place in whatever area you’re in and doesn’t restrict players, other than if they do not want to pay.
What are you going to get for being apart of this event? Here’s what else:
- A Colossal Discovery medal
- Up to 10 additional Raid Passes at no cost during the Special Research story event time when you spin a Photo Disc at a Gym. These Raid Passes will not be available after the event period is over. You cannot hold more than one Raid Pass at once.
- An Unova Stone, a Sinnoh Stone, and an exclusive avatar pose from conducting the Special Research
For those who want the chance to take part in the event, attempt to capture Regigigas before he shows up in November, this ticket is the way to do it. Now, throughout Niantic’s blog post about trainers going after Regigigas early, they do mention the fact there’s a “chance” for it to happen. Trainers who take part in the event could mess up, so be careful about this.
Getting Regigigas Beyond A Colossal Discovery
If trainers are not interested in paying the money for the opportunity to go after Regigigas, you’re going to get the chance to tackle it in an EX raid event. The EX raid events are special raids happening at specific times. They’re going to crop up on a particular date and time, so make sure you keep your eyes out for when this is going to happen. Niantic is going to release this information soon and at a later date.
You can read Niantic’s full blog post about the event and what other exciting activities they’re going to have for November. For example, from Nov. 1 to 4, players have the opportunity to capture Regirock, Regice, and Registeel in five-star raids.