As part of Pokémon GO’s December research tasks, an ongoing Evolution Event gives you the chance to get your hands on some Pokémon you may not have. One of the Evolution Event research tasks is to evolve 10 Pokémon, and when you do, you will get a Burmy.
The Burmy can be either the Plant, Sandy, or Trash versions of the Pokémon. Burmy is usually influenced by their surroundings when it comes to their form, so there is a good chance you will be able to get a form that might not spawn near to you usually. Once you get your hands on Burmy, you can evolve them into Wormadan or Mothim.
That’s not all you can get from the Evolution Event, and some of the rewards are very good indeed. You can find a full list of the Evolution Event research task rewards below:
- Evolve a Feebas reward – 3 Rare Candies
- Evolve an Onix – Scyther
- Evolve 5 Pokémon – 1,000 Stardust
- Evolve 10 Pokémon – Burmy (Plant, Sandy, or Trash)
- Use an item to evolve a Pokémon reward – Clamperl
- Catch 5 Onix – Metal Coat
- Catch 5 Porygon – Up-Grade
- Catch 10 Horsea reward – Dragon Scale
- Catch 10 Poliwag or Slowpoke reward – King’s Rock
- Catch 10 Sunkern reward – Sun Stone
- Hatch 7 eggs reward – Sinnoh Stone
- Win 5 Raids reward – Magnetic, Glacial or Mossy Lure
- Win 3 times against the Team Go Rocket Leaders reward – Unova Stone
Some of the rewards are very valuable items, and the Sinnoh Stone and Unova Stone are must-haves if you plan on doing more evolutions.