American Truck Simulator: Special Transport DLC Now Available
American Truck Simulator, like its European counterpart, Euro Truck Simulator 2, is continually being developed and expanded by SCS Software. The latest DLC coming to American truckers is the Special Transport DLC, which adds whole new challenges to virtual cargo movers.
American Truck Simulator: Special Transport
Over-sized loads aren’t new to experience truckers, as Euro Truck Simulator 2 has had special transport loads, including the escort mechanic, for some time. These large cargoes provide a new challenge but fortunately, the escort AI vehicles will assist you in navigating the routes.
The following features are brand new in the Special Transport DLC:
- 11 huge cargoes (up to 170,000 pounds (85 tons), 21 feet (6.5 m) width, 17 feet (5+ m) height and 52+ feet (16 m) length)
- New Special Transport trailers
- Unique job routes for the Special Transport (most in the base map, some through New Mexico, more for Oregon to come later as a free update!)
- A combination of over 90 special transport jobs
- Custom AI escort & police vehicles
- Original intros for the cargoes and jobs, crowds and police cars along the routes
- New models, characters, and animations of people assisting or spectating the transport
- Curious pedestrians, journalists or transport co-workers along the routes
- Special Transport achievements
- Close collaboration with AI escort vehicles required
- Enhanced AI behavior: clearing the path, stopping traffic, giving advice, pushing opposing vehicles to the side, etc.
- Possibility to fail the given job on the spot if you don’t adhere to strict instructions or regulations
- New checkpoints system to keep your progress in a special transport job safe
You can grab the Special Transport DLC for American Truck Simulator from the Steam Store for USD 4.99 right now.