Nintendo Switch has just updated to firmware 5.00, featuring a set of new content for its users alongside with specific tweaks. In particular, it also fixes the issue with the playtime counter in the dashboard.
An error that led many gamers to think the console was deleting their playtime one year after launch, as it was discovered at the beginning of March – exactly one year after the official Nintendo Switch day one.
Among the other just introduced functionalities, firmware update 5.00 comes with the ability to add friends from Facebook and Twitter – in case you have a Facebook or Twitter account linked to your Nintendo Network account – and tweaks to the parental control.
On top of that, celebrating the incoming launch, Nintendo added 24 icons for your user profile dedicated to Kirby (and ARMS). A gift that comes a bit unexpected, but still an appreciated gift as we approach the Star Allies day one.
Firmware 5.0 Changelog – Nintendo Switch
Added the following system functionality
Facebook and Twitter friends that also use Nintendo Switch can now be added through Friend Suggestions
- Friend suggestions are based on the Facebook and Twitter accounts you have linked to your Nintendo Account
- To view your friend suggestions, from the top left of the HOME Menu head to your User Page > Friend Suggestions
- You must be 13 or older to use this feature
Select from 24 new ARMSand the Kirby series icons for your user
- To edit your user icon, head to your My Page on the top left of the Home Menu > Profile
Digital software purchases made from a PC or smart device will start downloading sooner than previously, even if the Nintendo Switch console is in Sleep Mode
Filter News to view only unread news or news from specific channels
To keep the Parental Controls PIN private, the default method for PIN entry has been changed to entering using the Control Stick and buttons instead of the on-screen number pad
- When prompted to enter your Parental Controls PIN, press and hold the + Button to change between input methods
Captured videos in the Album will be restricted by Parental Controls depending on the Restricted Software setting and Software Rating Organization
Using the Nintendo Switch Parental Controls app, add specific software titles to your whitelist to exclude them from the console’s Parental Controls Restricted Software setting: Play-Time Limit restrictions will still apply even when the software title has been whitelisted.
- Receive a notification when pre-purchased software is ready to play
- Nintendo Switch Pro Controller grip colors will now display in the Controllers menu
- General system stability improvements to enhance the user’s experience, including:
- Resolved an issue that caused Play Activity to display incorrectly in the Profile section of your User Page