The developers behind Risk of Rain 2, Hopoo Games, have been hard at work as they continue to work on the early access content for their beloved title. They also want to make sure their player base stays informed as much as possible throughout their process. Earlier today, they revealed their early access content roadmap, which you can see here. They’ve also released their next set of Developer Thoughts on Reddit, where they detail significant points brought up by the community, and what they’re planning to work on in the future.
A big thing the Risk of Rain 2 community has been asking for has been localization for those who not speak English. So far, only the community has been offering mods to help make this easier. However, Hopoo Games has heard their players, and are working on releasing a series of language localizations, in their next patch. The languages they are going to include are French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, and Turkish.
Hopoo Games is also slowly working on is the game’s multiplayer. Some players are still experiencing issues with readying up in a multiplayer game session or a private match. They know this is an issue, and plan to work on it in the future.
The final thing this series of Developer Thoughts mentioned was the Hopoo Games team is working on Risk of Rain 2’s first content update. Unfortunately, the team does not detail what the content update is going to include, or when it is. But the fact they are mentioning it in the first place is a great sign. This update could consist of adding in a new character, a new series of bosses, or even new levels to traverse. We’ll find out more, in the future.
This post is Hopoo Games’ third under the category of Developer Thoughts, and you can read the entire thing here. Here are the major and minor points mentioned in the post that every Risk of Rain 2 fan can look forward to in the future.
- Content Roadmap – players understandably wanted to know the cadence and size of content updates throughout Early Access, and we hope the “forecast” image matches those wants. We will provide details about specific updates as we get closer to their respective release.
- Official Localization – it has been inspiring to see community localization efforts and a player base around the world, so we’re working on adding official localization in the next patch
- Gilded Coast is unclear and unrewarding to most players.
- Game stutters when picking up items for the first time.
- Some players are still being affected by save file corruption, especially if the game shuts down unexpectedly via crash or power issues.
- Noting some players having trouble readying up in multiplayer and private games.
- Noting sometimes settings are reset after closing and relaunching the game.
- The changes made to blazing affixed monsters seem to be positive and feel more balanced.
- The changes made to freezing affixes are welcome – a good sign!
- Some users are still getting really low performance, while some are not.
- Noting the Mercenary sometimes launches Greater Wisps / Brass Contraptions into space.
- Noting players want the number of Stages Complete displayed on the HUD.
- Noting general feedback about drone / TC-280 AI needing to be improved.
- Noting players want to include the Engineer turret damage into the end report screen.
- The game should ideally keep the difficulty that was chosen in the character select for the next run.
- Noting player thoughts about specific white items (APR Rounds, Medkit, etc.) feeling weak. Will have to make sure the game isn’t slowly power creeped by continually buffing underperforming items.
- Specific controller setups are missing glyphs.
Stuff we are working on
- Our first content update!
- Official Language support for French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, and Turkish.
- Updating the Director to make sure monsters don’t stop spawning late into the game.
- Preventing monsters and bosses from spawning behind closed gates on certain stages.
- Pinging issues.
- Gesture of the Drowned firing equipment every frame.
- Wake of Vultures granting weird over shields.