Atlas: Taming Foods vs Animals List
In Atlas, players have an option to tame wild animals and pet. The interesting part is that the taming mechanics in Atlas is entirely new and is not at all similar to what we have seen in games like Ark Survival Evolved. There are two ways to taming animals in Atlas: Passive Taming and Bola Taming.
In Passive Taming mechanics, you feed the animal, whereas, in Bola Taming, you need to damage the animal to below 20% and then make use of the Bola (a weapon) to knock the animal on the ground. To complete the taming process, you will have to feed the animals it's favorite foods until the tame meter is full.
In this Atlas guide, we have listed down the allowed foods for taming and which animal to feed which food item. So let's get started without wasting any time.
As you can see in the list below, multiple foods have been listed in front of the few animals: the sequence is based on the effectiveness of the food on that particular animal. For example, for Bear, the sequence of food is Honey, Vegetables, Fruits or Berries. This means, if you want to Tame Bear then Honey should be your first choice for food if you don't have it then go with Vegetables, and so on.
Taming Foods For Animals
- Chicken: Berries.
- Monkey: Berries.
- Parrot: Hardtack, or Berries.
- Rabbit: Carrots, or Berries.
- Sheep: Flowers, or Berries.
- Bear: Honey, Vegetables, Fruits or Berries.
- Cow/Bull: Rushes, Fronds, Vegetables, Fruits, or Berries.
- Crow: Worms, Fruits, or Berries.
- Horse: Sugarcane, Vegetables, Fruits, or Berries.
- Ostrich: Chili, Vegetables, Fruits, or Berries.
- Penguin: Prime Fish Meat, or Fish Meat.
- Pig: Maize, Vegetables, Fruits, or Berries.
- Seagull: Prime Fish Meat, or Fish Meat.
- Vulture: Spoiled Meat, or Worms.
- Wolf: Prime Animal Meat, Bones, or other Meats.
- Elephant: Wheat, Vegetables, or Fruits.
- Giraffe: Beets, Vegetables, or Fruits.
- Lion: Prime Animal Meat, or other Meats.
- Rhino: Turnip, Vegetables, or Fruits.
- Tiger: Prime Animal Meat, or other Meats.