Mario Kart Tour does an excellent job at making those wild little karts controllable on a touchscreen, but you want to make sure you are using the best steering option for you to ensure you win as many races as possible. Thankfully, there are some options for you to choose from.
It is best to experiment with all options thoroughly, and don’t be afraid to change them as you become more comfortable with the game, or move up through the ranks to the higher power races where you may need better fine control of the kart to win.
How To Change Steering Options In Mario Kart Tour
To change your steering options, follow the below steps:
- Click Menu on the main screen
- Then click Settings in the bottom right
- Scroll down to Control Method and pick your preferred option
You will be able to choose from the following options:
- Manual Drift
- Smart Steering – there is always some steering assistance, but this will increase the amount of it
- Gyro Handling – this allows you to control the kart by tilting your device, will only work on devices with the appropriate sensors
It is best to experiment for a few races with the different options to find which one gives you the best results, as you progress through the tour the difference between winning and losing will sometimes boil down to tiny margins, so you want to be as comfortable as possible with your control method.