On Apr. 28th, console players of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare will need to download a sizeable data pack. The download is required to play the game, so you will not be able to join servers until the download is complete.
The download is 15 GBs, so be sure to give yourself plenty of time to download it, depending on your internet connection. It’s also a little bit awkward, because a patch will be arriving on the same day, and you will need to download the patch before you can download the data pack.
The patch should automatically download when it becomes available for your console, so you don’t need to worry about that at all. When the patch is complete, you can start the game and select any mode to play. You will be brought to an install menu, and directed to download a data pack.
Select data pack one from the menu, and the download will begin. When the download is complete, you will need to shut down the game, then restart it again, and you will be able to play as normal.
As for what exactly the patch and data pack cover, Infinity Ward has given us some small details on various fixes that are coming to the game, but we will need to wait until they release patch notes to get the full details.
- Fix for a bug where PC players using a Vega64 GPU could see corrupted outlines around their character models and weapons.
- Fix for a bug where selecting the USEF 1 skin for the Mil-Sim Operator appears as the default skin in Co-op
- Adjusted the speed and sizing of the circle in Warzone
- Fix for a bug where completing the completionist challenges for the SKS are unlocking the associated camos for the Renetti
- Fix for a bug where unlocking camos for the SKS was inconsistent with other camo challenges for marksman rifles
- Fixed a bug where the “Hard Wired” skin for Alex would appear in thermals while Cold Blooded is equipped
- Fixed a bug where some watches were appearing the wrong direction when gesturing
- Fixed a bug where players could lose the option to pick their favorite Faction in the Operator menu
- Fixed a bug where white lighting could be seen while moving or firing a weapon near specific locations