Sports videogames love holiday-themed events, and MLB The Show 23 is no exception. With the Easter holiday approaching, San Deagio Studios has elected to use a brand new release method for this program. Instead of very specific instructions, the developers have chosen to make each objective a rather nebulous clue. At the time of publication, not every egg has been confirmed, but we’ll be updating this guide to make sure it’s accurate. Let’s dive into the reward path and carefully explain each objective.
The Great Egg Hunt reward path
- 10 points: 95 OVR Catfish Hunter
- 20 points: Egg Hunt Universal profile icon and 1,500 XP
- 30 points: 96 OVR Alex Bregman
- 40 points: 5 The Show packs and 1,500 XP
- 50 points: 95 OVR Gregory Soto
- 60 points: 3 Ballin is a Habbit packs and 1,500 XP
- 70 points: 97 OVR George Spinger
- 80 points: 97 OVR Reggie Jackson and 1,500 XP
- 90 points: Golden Egg Universal Profile icon and 3,000 XP
Egg Hunt objectives explained
As we said above, at the time of publication, not every egg has been found, but Gamepur has been able to confirm a few eggs ourselves. In this Reddit thread, you can find community members continuing to speculate about the rather specific objectives of this program. Eggs we’ve found will give detailed instructions, and unconfirmed eggs will be left with their in-game hint until we find them all.
- Go to the MAIN MENU, push down on the d-pad and you will find the Moments tab. Once inside you need to finish five moments to collect the first egg.
- What do you call an egg that travels around the world? An egg-splorer! (this is a mini seasons-based egg)
- Complete any conquest game. You don’t have to win, just finish a game.
- Get a Homerun in a Battle Royale game.
- Complete a Ranked Seasons game. This can be earned by quitting, but seems based on time in the game so your mileage may vary.
- Get five walks total in any mode.
- Earn 1,000 PXP with cards in the program.
- Beat a bird-based team (Cardinals, Blue Jays, or Orioles) in a full play vs CPU game. Difficulty doesn’t matter play this on rookie to finish quickly.
- Finish a full event game. It might be easier to sandbag and give up a run so your opponent doesn’t leave early. Since you just have to finish, don’t worry too much about getting a win.
Related: How To Play With Friends in MLB The Show 23 on Twinfinite